Tuesday, July 15, 2014

So why ducky?


John thought I should explain why I choose to name my blog As Ducky As It Gets.  It all started years ago when people would ask me how I was and I’d answer back “Just ducky and you?”  I guess I just got tired of using the same line as everyone else “Just fine and you?” So I changed fine to ducky.  Sometimes people don’t hear me correctly as I didn’t give the expected response.  I can tell where their thought pattern is just by how their brain filled in the changed word.  I then get the question “You’re what?” followed by “What do you mean you are ducky?”  in which my reply is always “I quack up a lot”.  Yeah I know lame joke but hey I like being different.  I managed to impress some people and they gave me rubber duckys as gifts for events, such as my wedding. LOL


No comments :

Post a Comment